Château Laffitte Carcasset is one of the oldest estates in the Saint-Estèphe appellation.
The first reference to the vineyard dates back to 1759: the property was registered on the map of Belleyme in 1767 at “Le Carcasset”, in the heart of the Saint-Estèphe appellation.
In 1781 the estate was purchased by Jean Laffitte, a solicitor and prosecutor for the king in Bordeaux.
It changed hands at the beginning of the 19th century but the name Laffitte was kept. The property became known as “Château Laffitte-Saint-Estèphe” and later as “Laffitte-Carcasset”.
Several families of owners succeeded each other until the arrival of Pierre Rousseau in 2016.
260 years of history
Creation of the vineyard
The lions of Laffitte Carcasset
In heraldry, the lion symbolizes the strength and value of great families. Once the ornaments of banners and symbols of France’s pre-revolutionary ancien régime, these coats of arms have spanned centuries. Decorated with a crown, the coat of arms of Château Laffitte Carcasset is reminiscent of the estate’s noble origins, while the lions surrounding it are the centuries-old symbol of the courage and strength of those who work there.
An affair of the heart
Pierre Rousseau is as passionate about wine as he is about sailing and aviation. Originally from the Mayenne region of western France, he visited the wine region for several years before acquiring Château Laffitte Carcasset in 2016. It was love at first sight for the new owner, who injected a new breath of life into the estate.
The vat room and cellars were renovated over a three-year period, and the stone manor house was fully restored to its original splendour.